Israeli aircraft strike tunnels, arms factories
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says its aircraft have attacked two weapons-making factories and a smuggling tunnel in the Gaza Strip.
The military says the air strikes on Sunday were in retaliation for rocket fire into southern Israel from Gaza a day earlier.
Later Saturday, Gaza`s Hamas rulers announced that militant factions in the territory had agreed to stop firing rockets. The goal is to prevent Israeli retaliation.
Israel went to war against Gaza militants nearly a year ago to crush rocket squads who had severely disrupted life in southern Israel for years.
The number of attacks has decreased dramatically.
But Israel says weapons continued to reach militants through tunnels under Gaza`s border with Egypt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India