Israeli aircraft strike tunnels, arms factories
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says its aircraft have attacked two weapons-making factories and a smuggling tunnel in the Gaza Strip.
The military says the air strikes on Sunday were in retaliation for rocket fire into southern Israel from Gaza a day earlier.
Later Saturday, Gaza`s Hamas rulers announced that militant factions in the territory had agreed to stop firing rockets. The goal is to prevent Israeli retaliation.
Israel went to war against Gaza militants nearly a year ago to crush rocket squads who had severely disrupted life in southern Israel for years.
The number of attacks has decreased dramatically.
But Israel says weapons continued to reach militants through tunnels under Gaza`s border with Egypt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'