Israeli Army demolishes West Bank mosque
Ramallah: The Israeli Army for the third time demolished a mosque in the northern West Bank Tuesday, saying it was built without permission, Palestinian sources said.
Witnesses said that the Israeli army forces, backed by a bulldozer and armored vehicles, demolished the mosque in Kherbet Berza village in the West Bank, Xinhua reported.
This is the third time the Israeli army destroyed the mosque, claiming it was built without getting a license from the authorities. Every time the army destroys the mosque, the residents rebuild it.
The Palestinians accused Israel of extensively damaging houses and mosques for expanding the nearby Jewish settlements. This is proving to be an obstacle for resuming direct Israeli-Palestinian peace talks.
Meanwhile, the Israeli army arrested six Palestinians, including 44-year-old activist Ahmed Abu Hashem, who strongly opposed settlement activities in the West Bank.
The Israeli army is carrying out daily raids on villages and towns all over the West Bank, saying the detained Palestinians are wanted for carrying out violent acts against Israeli targets.
Earlier Tuesday, clashes erupted in the old city of Hebron in the southern West Bank between dozens of Palestinian schoolgirls and Israeli soldiers after the soldiers prevented them and their teachers from reaching their school.
The soldiers fired rubber bullets and tear gas to disperse the girls, slightly injuring several of them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened