Israeli army ready for ground offensive: IDF chief
Jerusalem: Israel`s military chief on Friday said the army was ready for a ground offensive and that it is upto Hamas to choose between "calm or catastrophe" in Gaza.
"Nothing is stopping us from moving forward," Israel Defence Forces (IDF) Chief of Staff Benny Gantz said during a tour of a Paratroopers training base adding, "The IDF is not waiting for the last straw to go on a ground offensive, it`s waiting on political instruction".
"Terrorists in Gaza are understanding that they`ve made a big mistake. In four days we`ve been intelligently using our offensive means while remembering that there are civilians there that Hamas has turned into hostages," he said.
Gantz went on to say that "strategically, Gaza needs to choose whether it`s heading for a calm or to a security catastrophe," Ynetnews quoted him as saying.
"Gaza is slowly sinking to its doom," he added.
He noted that "the air offensive is excellent and we have intelligence that works".
"We have what to attack, and we will intensify the attacks. We`ve yet to exhaust our offensive capabilities," he stressed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani