Israeli army whistleblower pleads guilty in deal
Jerusalem: A former Israeli soldier has signed
a plea bargain agreement in which she admits to passing secret
documents to a newspaper reporter.
Anat Kamm copied more than 2,000 military documents when
she served as a clerk in a general`s office. Some of them
related to the military`s policy of targeted killings of
In 2008 she gave them to a journalist for the daily
Kamm was arrested in 2010 and remains under house arrest.
Israeli authorities said the documents could have endangered
the lives of Israeli soldiers, and initially charged her with
espionage and harming state security.
Today`s plea bargain included lesser but still serious
charges of collecting and passing on secret information.
Kamm`s jail sentence has yet to be decided by the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured