Israeli army whistleblower pleads guilty in deal
Jerusalem: A former Israeli soldier has signed
a plea bargain agreement in which she admits to passing secret
documents to a newspaper reporter.
Anat Kamm copied more than 2,000 military documents when
she served as a clerk in a general`s office. Some of them
related to the military`s policy of targeted killings of
In 2008 she gave them to a journalist for the daily
Kamm was arrested in 2010 and remains under house arrest.
Israeli authorities said the documents could have endangered
the lives of Israeli soldiers, and initially charged her with
espionage and harming state security.
Today`s plea bargain included lesser but still serious
charges of collecting and passing on secret information.
Kamm`s jail sentence has yet to be decided by the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah