Israeli army whistleblower pleads guilty in deal
Jerusalem: A former Israeli soldier has signed
a plea bargain agreement in which she admits to passing secret
documents to a newspaper reporter.
Anat Kamm copied more than 2,000 military documents when
she served as a clerk in a general`s office. Some of them
related to the military`s policy of targeted killings of
In 2008 she gave them to a journalist for the daily
Kamm was arrested in 2010 and remains under house arrest.
Israeli authorities said the documents could have endangered
the lives of Israeli soldiers, and initially charged her with
espionage and harming state security.
Today`s plea bargain included lesser but still serious
charges of collecting and passing on secret information.
Kamm`s jail sentence has yet to be decided by the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'