`Israeli attack on Iran won’t stop nuke programme`
London: US Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman General Martin Dempsey has said that Israeli’s decision to launch an attack on Iran would delay, but might fail to stop its nuclear programme.
Dempsey also distanced himself from any Israeli plan to bomb Iran, saying ‘I don`t want to be complicit if they [Israel] choose to do it.’
His remarks came while speaking to journalists in London, where he attended the opening ceremony of the Paralympic Games as head of the US delegation, the Guardian reports.
Dempsey also said he did not know Iran`s nuclear intentions, as intelligence did not reveal intentions.
“What was clear was that the `international coalition` applying pressure on Iran could be undone if [Iran] was attacked prematurely,” he added.
According to the paper, Dempsey also stressed that sanctions against Iran were having an effect, and they should be given a reasonable opportunity to succeed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?