`Israeli attack on Iran won’t stop nuke programme`
London: US Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman General Martin Dempsey has said that Israeli’s decision to launch an attack on Iran would delay, but might fail to stop its nuclear programme.
Dempsey also distanced himself from any Israeli plan to bomb Iran, saying ‘I don`t want to be complicit if they [Israel] choose to do it.’
His remarks came while speaking to journalists in London, where he attended the opening ceremony of the Paralympic Games as head of the US delegation, the Guardian reports.
Dempsey also said he did not know Iran`s nuclear intentions, as intelligence did not reveal intentions.
“What was clear was that the `international coalition` applying pressure on Iran could be undone if [Iran] was attacked prematurely,” he added.
According to the paper, Dempsey also stressed that sanctions against Iran were having an effect, and they should be given a reasonable opportunity to succeed.
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur