Israeli diplomatic missions get `anthrax` threat mail
Jerusalem: Envelopes containing white powder
initially feared to be anthrax arrived at six Israeli
diplomatic missions in Europe and the US, Israeli media
reported on Tuesday.
According to reports, embassies in The Hague, Brussels
and London and consulates in New York, Houston and Boston
yesterday received envelopes with the word "anthrax" on them,
containing what turned out to be harmless white powder.
The Israeli foreign ministry would not comment on the
"We do not address issues pertaining to security,"
spokesman Yigal Palmor said.
Anthrax is a potentially lethal bacterium that exists
naturally in the soil and can also occur among cattle. It is
also, more notoriously, a potential bio-terror weapon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed