Israeli diplomatic missions get `anthrax` threat mail
Jerusalem: Envelopes containing white powder
initially feared to be anthrax arrived at six Israeli
diplomatic missions in Europe and the US, Israeli media
reported on Tuesday.
According to reports, embassies in The Hague, Brussels
and London and consulates in New York, Houston and Boston
yesterday received envelopes with the word "anthrax" on them,
containing what turned out to be harmless white powder.
The Israeli foreign ministry would not comment on the
"We do not address issues pertaining to security,"
spokesman Yigal Palmor said.
Anthrax is a potentially lethal bacterium that exists
naturally in the soil and can also occur among cattle. It is
also, more notoriously, a potential bio-terror weapon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border