Israeli diplomatic missions get `anthrax` threat mail
Jerusalem: Envelopes containing white powder
initially feared to be anthrax arrived at six Israeli
diplomatic missions in Europe and the US, Israeli media
reported on Tuesday.
According to reports, embassies in The Hague, Brussels
and London and consulates in New York, Houston and Boston
yesterday received envelopes with the word "anthrax" on them,
containing what turned out to be harmless white powder.
The Israeli foreign ministry would not comment on the
"We do not address issues pertaining to security,"
spokesman Yigal Palmor said.
Anthrax is a potentially lethal bacterium that exists
naturally in the soil and can also occur among cattle. It is
also, more notoriously, a potential bio-terror weapon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai