Israeli diplomatic missions get `anthrax` threat mail
Jerusalem: Envelopes containing white powder
initially feared to be anthrax arrived at six Israeli
diplomatic missions in Europe and the US, Israeli media
reported on Tuesday.
According to reports, embassies in The Hague, Brussels
and London and consulates in New York, Houston and Boston
yesterday received envelopes with the word "anthrax" on them,
containing what turned out to be harmless white powder.
The Israeli foreign ministry would not comment on the
"We do not address issues pertaining to security,"
spokesman Yigal Palmor said.
Anthrax is a potentially lethal bacterium that exists
naturally in the soil and can also occur among cattle. It is
also, more notoriously, a potential bio-terror weapon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living