Israeli diplomatic missions get `anthrax` threat mail
Jerusalem: Envelopes containing white powder
initially feared to be anthrax arrived at six Israeli
diplomatic missions in Europe and the US, Israeli media
reported on Tuesday.
According to reports, embassies in The Hague, Brussels
and London and consulates in New York, Houston and Boston
yesterday received envelopes with the word "anthrax" on them,
containing what turned out to be harmless white powder.
The Israeli foreign ministry would not comment on the
"We do not address issues pertaining to security,"
spokesman Yigal Palmor said.
Anthrax is a potentially lethal bacterium that exists
naturally in the soil and can also occur among cattle. It is
also, more notoriously, a potential bio-terror weapon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city