Israeli diplomats worldwide cut off contacts with Mossad
Tel Aviv: Israeli diplomats have cut off contact with all units of the Mossad intelligence agency, after Premier Benjamin Netanyahu took the unusual step of asking Mossad to prepare a visit abroad due to a Foreign Ministry strike, an official said Friday.
The Israeli embassy in Athens had said it would not cooperate in preparing Netanyahu`s visit to Greece, scheduled to start Monday.
Foreign Ministry employees are on strike because they want better wages and benefits that would compare to those of Mossad workers.
Hanan Goder, who heads the union representing Foreign Ministry employees, said the strike was legal and that it was "inconceivable" that the premier would use Mossad, a body that is supposed to deal with security and directly answers to him, to break the protest.
As a result, Foreign Ministry officials at some 100 facilities abroad will not give assistance and not cooperate with Mossad agents, he told Israel Radio.
He said exceptions would only be made in cases of life and death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Drop everything and watch out for John, Varun & Jacqueline starrer 'Dishoom's logo! Pic Inside
- Centre to declassify 25 more files relating to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose today
- SRH vs SL: Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 2 - Players to watch out for in virtual semi-final
- Spellers from Texas, New York state battle to tie in US Spelling Bee
- Have given corruption free govt: Amit Shah on 2 years of Modi raj