Israeli drone sensor pinpoint terror sites
Jerusalem: The Israel Air Force is testing a sensor designed to enable its drones to spot militant hideouts and weapons, a media report said Sunday.
Israeli drones carry out surveillance missions over Lebanon and Gaza Strip, where tunnels are used for smuggling weapons and shielding militants from airstrikes.
The sensor is developed by Elbit Systems Ltd, Israel`s largest defence electronics company, Xinhua quoted The Jerusalem Post as saying.
The sensor uses imaging technology that shows wavelengths of materials, enabling drone operators to identify the unique spectral signature of targets, according to the report.
"It means that if a bush doesn`t match the natural vegetation in an area, we will be able to detect it," an IAF officer told the Post.
Elbit said it has designed the sensor for installation on its Hermes 900, a medium-sized drone which entered service with the IAF two years ago, and on the older Hermes 450.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack