Israeli drone sensor pinpoint terror sites
Jerusalem: The Israel Air Force is testing a sensor designed to enable its drones to spot militant hideouts and weapons, a media report said Sunday.
Israeli drones carry out surveillance missions over Lebanon and Gaza Strip, where tunnels are used for smuggling weapons and shielding militants from airstrikes.
The sensor is developed by Elbit Systems Ltd, Israel`s largest defence electronics company, Xinhua quoted The Jerusalem Post as saying.
The sensor uses imaging technology that shows wavelengths of materials, enabling drone operators to identify the unique spectral signature of targets, according to the report.
"It means that if a bush doesn`t match the natural vegetation in an area, we will be able to detect it," an IAF officer told the Post.
Elbit said it has designed the sensor for installation on its Hermes 900, a medium-sized drone which entered service with the IAF two years ago, and on the older Hermes 450.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today