Israeli forces evacuate Palestinian encampment
Jerusalem: The Israeli military on Sunday said it has driven out some 100 Palestinian activists who had pitched an illegal tent camp near the city of Hebron in the southern West Bank.
The operation today marks the fifth time in the past month that Israeli forces have broken up a Palestinian encampment.
The Palestinians aim to draw attention to Israel`s control of territory they seek for a future state. In particular, they say they are protesting against what they describe as a broad Israeli policy to prevent Palestinians from building in West Bank areas controlled by the Jewish state.
The activists seem to be adopting a tactic of Jewish settlers, who establish communities on contested territory hoping it will remain theirs once structures are built.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH