Israeli forces kill 3 Palestinians on Gaza border
Gaza City: Israeli forces killed three Palestinian men on Thursday along the tense border with the Gaza Strip. Israel`s military said they were militants, while relatives identified them as fishermen.
The Israeli military released a statement saying soldiers fired on them after they were spotted planting an explosive device in a no-go zone along the border between 2 am and 3 am.
A spokesman for the Gaza Health Ministry, Adham Abu Salmiya, said they were killed by Israeli fire near the Mediterranean shore in northern Gaza. They were in their 20s and were wearing civilian clothing, he said. Relatives who came to the hospital to receive the bodies for burial said they were fishermen.
None of Gaza`s armed groups immediately claimed the men as members.
The military maintains a buffer zone along the border fence, where militants have planted bombs targeting Israeli forces in the past.
Gaza is controlled by the Islamic militant group Hamas. Bloodshed in the territory has decreased since Israel`s military offensive in Gaza just over two years ago, but rocket fire and border clashes have continued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire