Israeli forces kill Palestinian in West Bank: Medi
Nablus: Israeli security forces shot dead a Palestinian in the West Bank on Wednesday during an operation in a refugee camp outside Nablus, a Palestinian medic and residents of the camp said.
Ibrahim Sarhan, 22, was shot at least twice, once in each thigh, and was dead by the time he reached hospital, the medic said.
An Israeli military spokeswoman said a group of Palestinians had hurled an explosive device at soldiers conducting routine activities in the area. One of the Palestinians, trying to avoid arrest, fled and the soldiers shot him in his lower body, the spokeswoman said.
Residents of al-Fari`a refugee camp, northeast of Nablus, said the soldiers had entered the camp in the early morning, apparently in an attempt to make arrests.
Sarhan had been on his way to dawn prayers when he was shot, his uncle, Ismail Sarhan, said.
Also on Wednesday, Palestinian militants in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip fired a rocket into southern Israel, causing no damage or injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured