Israeli forces kill Palestinian in West Bank: Medi
Nablus: Israeli security forces shot dead a Palestinian in the West Bank on Wednesday during an operation in a refugee camp outside Nablus, a Palestinian medic and residents of the camp said.
Ibrahim Sarhan, 22, was shot at least twice, once in each thigh, and was dead by the time he reached hospital, the medic said.
An Israeli military spokeswoman said a group of Palestinians had hurled an explosive device at soldiers conducting routine activities in the area. One of the Palestinians, trying to avoid arrest, fled and the soldiers shot him in his lower body, the spokeswoman said.
Residents of al-Fari`a refugee camp, northeast of Nablus, said the soldiers had entered the camp in the early morning, apparently in an attempt to make arrests.
Sarhan had been on his way to dawn prayers when he was shot, his uncle, Ismail Sarhan, said.
Also on Wednesday, Palestinian militants in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip fired a rocket into southern Israel, causing no damage or injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash