Israeli forces kill Palestinian in West Bank: Medi
Nablus: Israeli security forces shot dead a Palestinian in the West Bank on Wednesday during an operation in a refugee camp outside Nablus, a Palestinian medic and residents of the camp said.
Ibrahim Sarhan, 22, was shot at least twice, once in each thigh, and was dead by the time he reached hospital, the medic said.
An Israeli military spokeswoman said a group of Palestinians had hurled an explosive device at soldiers conducting routine activities in the area. One of the Palestinians, trying to avoid arrest, fled and the soldiers shot him in his lower body, the spokeswoman said.
Residents of al-Fari`a refugee camp, northeast of Nablus, said the soldiers had entered the camp in the early morning, apparently in an attempt to make arrests.
Sarhan had been on his way to dawn prayers when he was shot, his uncle, Ismail Sarhan, said.
Also on Wednesday, Palestinian militants in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip fired a rocket into southern Israel, causing no damage or injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29