Israeli Foreign Minister wants to topple Hamas
Jerusalem: Israel`s Foreign Minister says his
country should topple the Islamic Hamas regime in Gaza.
Avigdor Lieberman`s comments come after two days of
Palestinian rocket attacks against southern Israel, including
one that killed an Israeli man.
Israel has countered with airstrikes that have killed at
least 10 militants. The exchanges mark the worst
Israeli-Palestinian violence in months.
Lieberman told a party meeting on Monday that it was
unfathomable for Israel to accept a climate where every few
months, Gaza militants shut down life for more than 1 million
Israelis living within rocket range.
Lieberman is known for his fiery nature and harsh
criticism of Palestinians. It wasn`t clear whether he was
expressing his own opinion or government policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30