Israeli fresh airstrikes on Gaza kill three Palestinians
Gaza: Three Palestinians were killed and 10 others injured in Israeli fresh airstrikes on the Gaza Strip Monday, the seventh day since Israel launched a large-scale offensive on the coastal enclave, authorities said.
Two Palestinians, 37 and 17, were killed and three others were injured in two airstrikes on the southern Gaza Strip town of Khan Younis, Xinhua quoted Ashraf al-Qedra, spokesperson of the Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza, as saying.
Another Palestinian man died due to the wounds he sustained in an airstrike earlier in the day, al-Qedra added. He said that seven children were injured in two other separate airstrikes in Gaza city.
Since Israeli "Operation Protective Edge" on Gaza started early Tuesday, 178 Palestinians, including 35 children and 24 women, have been killed and 1,290 others injured, the spokesperson said.
Earlier in the day, the Hamas-run interior ministry warned the Palestinian residents in northern Gaza to stay in their homes and neighbourhoods and not to leave after Israel warned that it will intensify its offensive.
The ministry added in a statement that around 256 houses were destroyed since the beginning of Israeli operation on the Gaza Strip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune