‘Israeli Gaza air strike kills one, injures one’
Gaza City: An Israeli air strike east of
Gaza City on Friday killed one man and injured at least another,
Palestinian medical officials said.
The Israeli military said that the target was a group of
men preparing to fire a rocket into Israel. Palestinian
eyewitness said they saw militants in the area immediately
before the strike.
"Aircraft targeted a terrorist squad that was identified
moments before firing rockets at Israel from the northern Gaza
Strip. A hit was confirmed, thwarting the rocket fire
attempt," a military statement said.
"The aforementioned squad is responsible for the firing
of rockets at Israel in the past number of days," it added.
Palestinians named the dead man as Moamen abu-Daff, but
did not immediately link him to a specific militant group.
Palestinian militants fired two rockets at southern
Israel yesterday, after Israeli warplanes attacked "terror
sites" inside the Gaza Strip, the army said.
Both fell in open ground without causing injuries or
Last morning, Israeli warplanes targeted "terror sites"
in central and northern Gaza in retaliation after rockets were
fired across the border on Wednesday.
"Israeli air force aircraft targeted a terror activity
site in the central Gaza Strip, and a terror tunnel in the
northern Gaza Strip," a military statement said, indicating it
was a response after five rockets landed in Israel, none of
which caused any damage or injuries.
Palestinian security sources said the air strikes hit a
training ground used by Islamic Jihad militants near central
Gaza and another training ground northeast of Gaza which
belonged to Hamas`s armed wing, causing no casualties.
An earlier series of Israeli strikes overnight Tuesday
had killed a Palestinian and wounded about 20 others, as the
military struck what it described as "global jihad" targets
who were planning cross-border attacks on southern Israel from
the Egyptian Sinai.
On Wednesday, a senior Israeli officer said the military
was preparing for a possible large-scale military campaign in
Gaza if the Palestinians did not halt their rocket attacks.
"We are preparing and ready for an additional campaign...
to renew the deterrence," Tal Hermoni, commander of the Gaza
division`s southern brigade, told reporters in remarks widely
published in the Israeli press.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves