Israeli Gaza strike kills 4 Palestinian militants
Gaza City: A Palestinian health official in Gaza says four men have been killed in an Israeli airstrike.
Ashraf al-Kidra says the airstrike hit the central Gaza district of Maghazi on Wednesday evening.
The Israeli military said the men were militants about to fire rockets toward nearby Jewish communities.
It was not known to which group the men belonged.
Israel and Gaza`s ruling Hamas have had a tenuous, unwritten truce since a three-week war more than three years ago. Despite that, militants some from Hamas and others from splinter groups continue to fire rockets at southern Israel, triggering Israeli airstrikes.
The frequency of the attacks is considerably lower than before the war, when Israel sent forces into Gaza to try to stop the barrages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!