Israeli Gaza strike kills 4 Palestinian militants
Gaza City: A Palestinian health official in Gaza says four men have been killed in an Israeli airstrike.
Ashraf al-Kidra says the airstrike hit the central Gaza district of Maghazi on Wednesday evening.
The Israeli military said the men were militants about to fire rockets toward nearby Jewish communities.
It was not known to which group the men belonged.
Israel and Gaza`s ruling Hamas have had a tenuous, unwritten truce since a three-week war more than three years ago. Despite that, militants some from Hamas and others from splinter groups continue to fire rockets at southern Israel, triggering Israeli airstrikes.
The frequency of the attacks is considerably lower than before the war, when Israel sent forces into Gaza to try to stop the barrages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren