Israeli judge quits after saying girls enjoy rape
Jerusalem: A Tel Aviv District Court judge has resigned following a public furore over comments he made in court that some girls "enjoy being raped."
Nissim Yeshaya was presiding over a hearing on the rape of a 13-year-old Israeli girl by four Palestinian youths when he made the comment. He apologised and said the remark was taken out of context.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was among officials who harshly criticised the judge. He also withdrew his support for Yeshaya`s appointment as head of his Likud Party`s internal court. Several lawmakers called for the judge`s immediate dismissal.
In a joint announcement today, Israel`s justice minister and the president of the Supreme Court said Yeshaya addressed a hearing, where he expressed his desire to leave his post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you