Israeli military appoints new Air Force Chief
Jerusalem: Israel`s military has picked a new
Air Force Chief at a time of growing tension with Iran.
The military said Maj Gen Amir Eshel, 52, was appointed
Sunday and takes over in April.
US officials say Israel might be planning to attack
Iran`s nuclear facilities in the spring.
Israel and other countries believe Iran is developing
nuclear weapons, a charge Iran denies. Israel views Iran as a
threat because of its nuclear and missile programs, references
to Israel`s destruction by it leaders and Tehran`s support of
violent groups in Gaza and Lebanon.
Defense officials said Eshel is considered "less
enthusiastic about a possible attack on Iran" than the current
air force chief. They were speaking on condition of anonymity
due to the sensitivity of the issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader