Israeli military appoints new Air Force Chief
Jerusalem: Israel`s military has picked a new
Air Force Chief at a time of growing tension with Iran.
The military said Maj Gen Amir Eshel, 52, was appointed
Sunday and takes over in April.
US officials say Israel might be planning to attack
Iran`s nuclear facilities in the spring.
Israel and other countries believe Iran is developing
nuclear weapons, a charge Iran denies. Israel views Iran as a
threat because of its nuclear and missile programs, references
to Israel`s destruction by it leaders and Tehran`s support of
violent groups in Gaza and Lebanon.
Defense officials said Eshel is considered "less
enthusiastic about a possible attack on Iran" than the current
air force chief. They were speaking on condition of anonymity
due to the sensitivity of the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days