Israeli military appoints new Air Force Chief
Jerusalem: Israel`s military has picked a new
Air Force Chief at a time of growing tension with Iran.
The military said Maj Gen Amir Eshel, 52, was appointed
Sunday and takes over in April.
US officials say Israel might be planning to attack
Iran`s nuclear facilities in the spring.
Israel and other countries believe Iran is developing
nuclear weapons, a charge Iran denies. Israel views Iran as a
threat because of its nuclear and missile programs, references
to Israel`s destruction by it leaders and Tehran`s support of
violent groups in Gaza and Lebanon.
Defense officials said Eshel is considered "less
enthusiastic about a possible attack on Iran" than the current
air force chief. They were speaking on condition of anonymity
due to the sensitivity of the issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference