Israeli military appoints new Air Force Chief
Jerusalem: Israel`s military has picked a new
Air Force Chief at a time of growing tension with Iran.
The military said Maj Gen Amir Eshel, 52, was appointed
Sunday and takes over in April.
US officials say Israel might be planning to attack
Iran`s nuclear facilities in the spring.
Israel and other countries believe Iran is developing
nuclear weapons, a charge Iran denies. Israel views Iran as a
threat because of its nuclear and missile programs, references
to Israel`s destruction by it leaders and Tehran`s support of
violent groups in Gaza and Lebanon.
Defense officials said Eshel is considered "less
enthusiastic about a possible attack on Iran" than the current
air force chief. They were speaking on condition of anonymity
due to the sensitivity of the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!
- EPF interest rate: Nationwide protest by trade unions today
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput get holiday vibes! See inside
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic