Israeli military confirms air attack on Gaza
Jerusalem: The Israeli military confirmed Monday its air strikes on targets in the Gaza Strip following rockets and mortars fired from Gaza into Israel earlier in the day.
"In response to the numerous rockets and mortars launched at Israel in the past 24 hours, Israel Air Force aircraft targeted two concealed rocket launchers in the northern Gaza Strip," Xinhua reported citing a statement issued by the Israel Defence Forces.
"Hamas must take responsibility for these actions (rocket fire) or pay the price for inaction" Lt. Col. Peter Lerner, Israel Defence Forces spokesman, said in the statement.
"Direct hits were confirmed," it added, without providing more information on possible casualties.
Rockets were fired Monday morning from the Gaza Strip towards Israel. One rocket was intercepted by the Iron Dome Missile Defence System above Ashkelon city, and Israel Defence Forces are searching the Hof Ashkelon Regional Council for another projectile, the statement said.
A mortar shell fired Sunday from the Gaza Strip landed in Israel adjacent to the security fence in the southern Gaza Strip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan