Israeli military confirms air attack on Gaza
Jerusalem: The Israeli military confirmed Monday its air strikes on targets in the Gaza Strip following rockets and mortars fired from Gaza into Israel earlier in the day.
"In response to the numerous rockets and mortars launched at Israel in the past 24 hours, Israel Air Force aircraft targeted two concealed rocket launchers in the northern Gaza Strip," Xinhua reported citing a statement issued by the Israel Defence Forces.
"Hamas must take responsibility for these actions (rocket fire) or pay the price for inaction" Lt. Col. Peter Lerner, Israel Defence Forces spokesman, said in the statement.
"Direct hits were confirmed," it added, without providing more information on possible casualties.
Rockets were fired Monday morning from the Gaza Strip towards Israel. One rocket was intercepted by the Iron Dome Missile Defence System above Ashkelon city, and Israel Defence Forces are searching the Hof Ashkelon Regional Council for another projectile, the statement said.
A mortar shell fired Sunday from the Gaza Strip landed in Israel adjacent to the security fence in the southern Gaza Strip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued