Israeli military launches airstrike into Gaza
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says it carried out an airstrike in Gaza against Palestinian militants preparing to launch rockets at Israel.
Gaza Health official Ashraf Al Kedra said a 21 year-old man was killed and two others wounded in the strike Monday night.
The military said the strike was conducted in order to "to eliminate an imminent attack targeting civilian communities of southern Israel."
Earlier today, Israel`s central bureau of statistics says the number of houses that began construction in West Bank settlements more than doubled in 2013.
The announcement came hours before Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is to meet with President Barack Obama in Washington. The two have been at odds over Israel`s settlement policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?