Israeli military launches airstrike into Gaza
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says it carried out an airstrike in Gaza against Palestinian militants preparing to launch rockets at Israel.
Gaza Health official Ashraf Al Kedra said a 21 year-old man was killed and two others wounded in the strike Monday night.
The military said the strike was conducted in order to "to eliminate an imminent attack targeting civilian communities of southern Israel."
Earlier today, Israel`s central bureau of statistics says the number of houses that began construction in West Bank settlements more than doubled in 2013.
The announcement came hours before Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is to meet with President Barack Obama in Washington. The two have been at odds over Israel`s settlement policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on