Israeli minister dubs Turkish PM `enemy` amid diplomatic row
Jerusalem: A top Israeli minister Sarturday
dubbed Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan as "enemy",
but said it has no problem with the Turkish people amid a
diplomatic row between the Jewish nation and Ankar over the
bloody raid on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla.
"The Turkish people aren`t the enemy, but Erdogan is
Israel`s enemy," Israel`s Tourism Minister Stas Misezhnikov
Amid the diplomatic row between Israel and Turkey,
Misezhnikov was responding to the Turkish Premier`s earlier
comments that Ankara`s problem is with the Netanyahu-led
government and not the people in the Jewish nation.
"This isn`t a healthy situation, and unless he
(Erdogan) leaves office there is no room for optimism,"
Misezhnikov was quoted as saying by Ha`aretz newspaper at a
cultural event in the northern town of Bat Yam.
Misezhnikov also indicated that Erdogan isn`t
speaking as a representative of the Turkish people and his
country is divided in its support for him.
Misezhnikov is drawing plans to keep Israeli
travellers inside the country during the summer vacations as
he asked Israelis to refrain from travelling to their
favourite destination Turkey.
Earlier today, Erdogan said that his country did not
have a problem with Israelis but with its government`s
policies, Turkish news agency Andolu reported.
The Turkish premier underlined that his country would
continue to investigate Israel`s attack on the Turkish-flagged
Gaza-bound aid flotilla, the Mavi Marmara, in which nine
Turkish activists were killed.
"We have not remained silent against this piracy and
injustice, and we will not do so, and we will seek solutions
within the framework of international law," Erdogan told
reporters in Ankara.
Meanwhile, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon urged
Israel to agree to an international probe of its deadly
commando raid on the Turkish ship trying to bring aid to Gaza
and do "much more" to meet the needs of the Palestinians
Ban said yesterday that Israel`s investigation of the
May 31 flotilla raid is important but won`t have
"international credibility," which is why he is continuing to
urge the Jewish state to agree to an international panel with
Israeli and Turkish participation.
Under mounting international pressure, Israel last
week formed an internal panel, including two foreign
observers, to investigate events surrounding its May 31
interception of a six ship convoy heading to the Gaza Strip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow