Israeli nuclear whistleblower back in jail
Jerusalem: An Israeli nuclear whistleblower, who spent 18 years in prison, is going back to jail.
Mordechai Vanunu was taken into custody on Sunday for violating the conditions of his 2004 release, which include a ban on meeting foreigners. His lawyer says Vanunu has a Norwegian girlfriend.
The prison service says he is to serve three months.
Vanunu was a low-level technician at a nuclear plant who leaked details and pictures of the operation to the Sunday Times of London in 1986. Foreign experts who reviewed the material concluded that Israel had a formidable nuclear arsenal.
Israeli intelligence agents kidnapped him in Rome and brought him back to Israel to stand trial.
Israel has never acknowledged or denied having nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security