Israeli nuclear whistleblower out of prison again
Jerusalem: An Israeli nuclear whistleblower who spent 18 years behind bars has been released from jail after serving an additional three months for violating his release terms.
Mordechai Vanunu was imprisoned in 1986 for
disclosing secret details of Israel`s nuclear program to the
London Sunday Times.
Experts concluded from his information and pictures
that Israel had hundreds of nuclear bombs. Israel has never
Upon release in 2004, he was forbidden from
speaking to foreigners. He was jailed again for contacting
foreigners, including journalists.
After his release today, Vanunu said, "All this
harassing me and arresting me again and again is Israel`s
problem, not my problem."
He was speaking in English, as he refuses to speak
in public in his native Hebrew.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!