Israeli nuclear whistleblower out of prison again
Jerusalem: An Israeli nuclear whistleblower who spent 18 years behind bars has been released from jail after serving an additional three months for violating his release terms.
Mordechai Vanunu was imprisoned in 1986 for
disclosing secret details of Israel`s nuclear program to the
London Sunday Times.
Experts concluded from his information and pictures
that Israel had hundreds of nuclear bombs. Israel has never
Upon release in 2004, he was forbidden from
speaking to foreigners. He was jailed again for contacting
foreigners, including journalists.
After his release today, Vanunu said, "All this
harassing me and arresting me again and again is Israel`s
problem, not my problem."
He was speaking in English, as he refuses to speak
in public in his native Hebrew.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi