Israeli official raises sting with `sick` of Hiroshima A-bomb tribute remarks
Tokyo: A senior Israeli government official has said on Facebook that he is sick of commemorations for the victims of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bombings, and the remembrance should rather be held for the estimated 50 million victims of Japanese imperial aggression and genocide.
According to The Japan Times, the deputy director general at the Ministry of Public Diplomacy and Diaspora Affairs, Daniel Seaman expressed that he was sick of the Japanese Human Rights and Peace groups over holding the commemorations and said that the bombings were the consequence of Japanese aggression.
The Japanese Embassy in Tel Aviv immediately lodged a protest with the Israeli Foreign Ministry about Seaman`s post, which has already been deleted from Facebook, the report said.
The office of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu clarified his remarks do not reflect the government`s official view and taking this matter seriously, the office has suspended Seaman, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday