Israeli official to resign over sexual harassment
Jerusalem: The Israeli Justice Ministry says Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s chief of staff will resign under a plea agreement in which he admitted to sexually harassing a female employee.
The ministry said on Sunday that Natan Eshel, a close confidant to Netanyahu, will step down by the end of the month.
The statement says that under the plea deal, Eshel admitted to harassing a female worker in the Prime Minister’s Office by taking photos of her, reading her private e-mails and other “unbefitting and unacceptable” behaviour.
Eshel will also be reprimanded and banned from public service.
Netanyahu’s office declined comment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India