Israeli official to resign over sexual harassment
Jerusalem: The Israeli Justice Ministry says Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s chief of staff will resign under a plea agreement in which he admitted to sexually harassing a female employee.
The ministry said on Sunday that Natan Eshel, a close confidant to Netanyahu, will step down by the end of the month.
The statement says that under the plea deal, Eshel admitted to harassing a female worker in the Prime Minister’s Office by taking photos of her, reading her private e-mails and other “unbefitting and unacceptable” behaviour.
Eshel will also be reprimanded and banned from public service.
Netanyahu’s office declined comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- We will see how Trinamool MPs return from Delhi: Bengal BJP chief
- Take inspiration from Shilpa Shetty if you wish to lose that post-pregnancy weight!
- Benjam Netanyahu rejects French peace initiative, offers to meet Mahmoud Abbas
- Watch: This self-healing insulator can fix the cracks in all your e-wearables!
- Errors by BCCI selectors: Right squad, wrong spellings!