Israeli-Palestinian clashes erupt in West Bank
Tamoun (West Bank): Palestinians say a raid by Israeli soldiers disguised as vegetable vendors to seize members of a militant group has sparked clashes in the northern West Bank.
Residents in the town of Tamoun say youths are tossing stones and bottles at Israeli troops, while the soldiers have responded with what appears to be live fire.
Resident Faris Bisharat says eight men have been wounded, some by live fire. Bisharat says the wanted men belong to Islamic Jihad, a violent group sworn to Israel`s destruction.
Bisharat says the clashes began early today after Israeli forces dressed as merchants arrested one man. He says regular forces then entered the town, and men began hurling rocks at them to prevent other arrests.
The Israeli military had no immediate comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- 8 ultimate reasons to drink buttermilk every day!
- Karunanidhi trains guns on TN police following techie's murder
- Top reasons to watch Harshvardhan Kapoor's 'Mirzya'!
- 'Game of Thrones' will have shorter final seasons
- Now Banks, malls, shops can remain open 24X7; cabinet clears Model Shop & Establishment Act