Israeli-Palestinian clashes erupt in West Bank
Tamoun (West Bank): Palestinians say a raid by Israeli soldiers disguised as vegetable vendors to seize members of a militant group has sparked clashes in the northern West Bank.
Residents in the town of Tamoun say youths are tossing stones and bottles at Israeli troops, while the soldiers have responded with what appears to be live fire.
Resident Faris Bisharat says eight men have been wounded, some by live fire. Bisharat says the wanted men belong to Islamic Jihad, a violent group sworn to Israel`s destruction.
Bisharat says the clashes began early today after Israeli forces dressed as merchants arrested one man. He says regular forces then entered the town, and men began hurling rocks at them to prevent other arrests.
The Israeli military had no immediate comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB