Israeli PM orders restraint if Arabs rush border
Jerusalem: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has ordered security forces to act with "restraint but determination" to defend Israel if thousands of Arabs try to storm its northern borders next week.
Facebook-organised Arab protesters are gearing up to rush Israel`s border with Syria on Sunday. Last month, a human wave caught Israel off guard and resulted in more than a dozen deaths.
Hundreds of Arabs managed to burst into the Israeli-controlled Golan Heights in riots marking the annual day when Palestinians mourn the establishment of Israel. Deadly clashes also occurred on the Israel-Lebanon border.
Speaking in Jerusalem on Thursday, Netanyahu said, "Israel has the right and duty to secure its borders and protect them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof