Israeli PM orders restraint if Arabs rush border
Jerusalem: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has ordered security forces to act with "restraint but determination" to defend Israel if thousands of Arabs try to storm its northern borders next week.
Facebook-organised Arab protesters are gearing up to rush Israel`s border with Syria on Sunday. Last month, a human wave caught Israel off guard and resulted in more than a dozen deaths.
Hundreds of Arabs managed to burst into the Israeli-controlled Golan Heights in riots marking the annual day when Palestinians mourn the establishment of Israel. Deadly clashes also occurred on the Israel-Lebanon border.
Speaking in Jerusalem on Thursday, Netanyahu said, "Israel has the right and duty to secure its borders and protect them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends