Israeli PM orders restraint if Arabs rush border
Jerusalem: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has ordered security forces to act with "restraint but determination" to defend Israel if thousands of Arabs try to storm its northern borders next week.
Facebook-organised Arab protesters are gearing up to rush Israel`s border with Syria on Sunday. Last month, a human wave caught Israel off guard and resulted in more than a dozen deaths.
Hundreds of Arabs managed to burst into the Israeli-controlled Golan Heights in riots marking the annual day when Palestinians mourn the establishment of Israel. Deadly clashes also occurred on the Israel-Lebanon border.
Speaking in Jerusalem on Thursday, Netanyahu said, "Israel has the right and duty to secure its borders and protect them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Ranji games at neutral venues, Duleep's zonal system scrapped
- Donald Trump slams Barack Obama for not mentioning Pearl Harbour attack
- Zee Media Exclusive: BJP will do better than 2014 in 2019 General Elections, says Rajnath Singh
- French prosecutor considering Qatar 2022 World Cup investigation
- Japanese investors keen to invest in India's infra growth story: Arun Jaitley