Israeli police arrest suspects in firebomb attack
Jerusalem: Israeli police say they have arrested three Jewish youths from a West Bank settlement as suspects in firebomb attack that wounded six Palestinians in a taxi.
Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said today the three suspects were minors, aged 12-13. They will appear in a Jerusalem court to face charges.
The attack 10 days ago targeted a taxi driving in the West Bank. A firebomb struck the vehicle, injuring the six people inside, one seriously. The military suspected Jewish extremists.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and other Israeli leaders condemned the firebombing.
Extremist Israeli settlers often attack Palestinians and their property as part of a campaign they call the "price tag," retaliation for either army action against settlers or Palestinian attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company