Israeli police seek to extend US teen`s detention
Jerusalem: Israeli police say an American teenager who was detained during violent protests over the killing of a Palestinian youth has been brought before a court.
Spokeswoman Luba Samri says police are asking the Jerusalem district court today to extend the detention of 15-year-old Tariq Abu Khdeir.
Abu Khdeir`s parents say their son, who goes to school in Florida, was beaten by Israeli police during clashes over the killing of Mohammed Abu Khdeir who Palestinians say was killed by Israeli extremists in a revenge attack. The two young men are cousins.
Police say Tariq Abu Khdeir resisted arrest, attacked officers and was carrying a slingshot for lobbing stones when he was arrested.
The US State Department said it was "profoundly troubled" by reports of his beating and demanded an investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'