Israeli President confident Obama would strike Iran
Washington: Israeli President Shimon Peres is confident that American President Barack Obama would approve a military strike to halt Iran`s nuclear ambitions if it came to that.
Peres told The New York Times that the United States don`t begin by shooting. They try all the other means first, such as economic sanctions, political pressure, negotiations, everything possible.
He said that but in the end, if none of this works, then President Obama will use military power against Iran. And he is sure of it.
According to Politico, the 89-year-old President also downplayed the reported rifts between Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
He said that the problem is not between individuals, but between those individuals` policies.
But he said Obama must be persuaded to believe that Israel wants to see peace in the region.
He said that the problem is that Obama would like to reach peace in the Middle East and has to be convinced that Israel agrees with this, adding: of course, he`s not convinced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report