Israeli President confident Obama would strike Iran
Washington: Israeli President Shimon Peres is confident that American President Barack Obama would approve a military strike to halt Iran`s nuclear ambitions if it came to that.
Peres told The New York Times that the United States don`t begin by shooting. They try all the other means first, such as economic sanctions, political pressure, negotiations, everything possible.
He said that but in the end, if none of this works, then President Obama will use military power against Iran. And he is sure of it.
According to Politico, the 89-year-old President also downplayed the reported rifts between Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
He said that the problem is not between individuals, but between those individuals` policies.
But he said Obama must be persuaded to believe that Israel wants to see peace in the region.
He said that the problem is that Obama would like to reach peace in the Middle East and has to be convinced that Israel agrees with this, adding: of course, he`s not convinced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details