Israeli President confident Obama would strike Iran
Washington: Israeli President Shimon Peres is confident that American President Barack Obama would approve a military strike to halt Iran`s nuclear ambitions if it came to that.
Peres told The New York Times that the United States don`t begin by shooting. They try all the other means first, such as economic sanctions, political pressure, negotiations, everything possible.
He said that but in the end, if none of this works, then President Obama will use military power against Iran. And he is sure of it.
According to Politico, the 89-year-old President also downplayed the reported rifts between Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
He said that the problem is not between individuals, but between those individuals` policies.
But he said Obama must be persuaded to believe that Israel wants to see peace in the region.
He said that the problem is that Obama would like to reach peace in the Middle East and has to be convinced that Israel agrees with this, adding: of course, he`s not convinced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured