Israeli President confident Obama would strike Iran
Washington: Israeli President Shimon Peres is confident that American President Barack Obama would approve a military strike to halt Iran`s nuclear ambitions if it came to that.
Peres told The New York Times that the United States don`t begin by shooting. They try all the other means first, such as economic sanctions, political pressure, negotiations, everything possible.
He said that but in the end, if none of this works, then President Obama will use military power against Iran. And he is sure of it.
According to Politico, the 89-year-old President also downplayed the reported rifts between Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
He said that the problem is not between individuals, but between those individuals` policies.
But he said Obama must be persuaded to believe that Israel wants to see peace in the region.
He said that the problem is that Obama would like to reach peace in the Middle East and has to be convinced that Israel agrees with this, adding: of course, he`s not convinced.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader