Israeli President released from hospital
Jerusalem: A spokeswoman says Israel`s 88-year-old President Shimon Peres has been released from hospital after hernia surgery.
Ayelet Frisch said Peres was feeling well and preparing to work from home after his discharge on Sunday. She said he would resume public appearances later in the week.
The President underwent surgery on Friday, shortly after returning from a week-long state visit to Canada where the hernia was discovered.
Peres, a Nobel Peace Prize winner and former Israeli premier, is known for his long work days and busy schedule.
In 2007, he was elected to the nonpartisan, ceremonial office of President for a seven-year term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Solar Impulse 2 begins its final flight of world tour, heads to Abu dhabi
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage
- New Zealand's Queenstown Airport evacuated after 'bomb message' found on plane
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here