Israeli President released from hospital
Jerusalem: A spokeswoman says Israel`s 88-year-old President Shimon Peres has been released from hospital after hernia surgery.
Ayelet Frisch said Peres was feeling well and preparing to work from home after his discharge on Sunday. She said he would resume public appearances later in the week.
The President underwent surgery on Friday, shortly after returning from a week-long state visit to Canada where the hernia was discovered.
Peres, a Nobel Peace Prize winner and former Israeli premier, is known for his long work days and busy schedule.
In 2007, he was elected to the nonpartisan, ceremonial office of President for a seven-year term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees