Israeli President released from hospital
Jerusalem: A spokeswoman says Israel`s 88-year-old President Shimon Peres has been released from hospital after hernia surgery.
Ayelet Frisch said Peres was feeling well and preparing to work from home after his discharge on Sunday. She said he would resume public appearances later in the week.
The President underwent surgery on Friday, shortly after returning from a week-long state visit to Canada where the hernia was discovered.
Peres, a Nobel Peace Prize winner and former Israeli premier, is known for his long work days and busy schedule.
In 2007, he was elected to the nonpartisan, ceremonial office of President for a seven-year term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Could 3D printing save our coral reefs? - Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor has a Bollywood style icon and he is a BIGGIE!
- Yemen suicide bombing: At least 45 dead so far
- West Bengal renamed as 'Bangla' in Bengali, 'Bengal' in English; state assembly passes resolution
- Massive reef ecosystem found hiding behind Great Barrier Reef