Israeli President released from hospital
Jerusalem: A spokeswoman says Israel`s 88-year-old President Shimon Peres has been released from hospital after hernia surgery.
Ayelet Frisch said Peres was feeling well and preparing to work from home after his discharge on Sunday. She said he would resume public appearances later in the week.
The President underwent surgery on Friday, shortly after returning from a week-long state visit to Canada where the hernia was discovered.
Peres, a Nobel Peace Prize winner and former Israeli premier, is known for his long work days and busy schedule.
In 2007, he was elected to the nonpartisan, ceremonial office of President for a seven-year term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS