Israeli President released from hospital
Jerusalem: A spokeswoman says Israel`s 88-year-old President Shimon Peres has been released from hospital after hernia surgery.
Ayelet Frisch said Peres was feeling well and preparing to work from home after his discharge on Sunday. She said he would resume public appearances later in the week.
The President underwent surgery on Friday, shortly after returning from a week-long state visit to Canada where the hernia was discovered.
Peres, a Nobel Peace Prize winner and former Israeli premier, is known for his long work days and busy schedule.
In 2007, he was elected to the nonpartisan, ceremonial office of President for a seven-year term.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015