Israeli settlement plans violate international law: UN chief
New York: UN Secretary General Ban
Ki-moon Wednesday denounced Israel`s plans to build new Jewish
settler homes in the occupied territories as "contrary to
Ban "noted with deep concern" an Israeli decision on
Monday to approve further construction in settlements in the
occupied territory, a statement issued by his office said.
"Such actions and all settlement activity are contrary to
international law and the roadmap," it said, referring to the
international plan for a two-state solution to the
"The Secretary-General urges Israel to respond positively
to the important efforts under way to create the conditions
for effective Israeli-Palestinian negotiations and reiterates
his call on Israel to stop all settlement activity,
including natural growth, and dismantle all outposts erected
since March 2001 in the occupied Palestinian territory," Ban
Israel on Monday gave the go-ahead to build hundreds of
new homes in settlements in the occupied West Bank, defying
warnings that the move jeopardises any resumption of Middle
East peace talks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India