Israeli slam Iranian website calling Holocaust ‘sheer lie’
London: An Iranian website featuring a series of cartoons portraying the Holocaust as ‘the great lie’ with an aim to undermine the historic dimensions of the mass murder of Jews during World War II, has caused outrage in Israel.
The Director of Israel`s state holocaust memorial, Yad Vashem, condemned the website as the latest "vulgar and cynical" Iranian attempt "to influence those who are ignorant of history".
According to The Telegraph, the site has claimed that the massacre of six million Jews during the Second World War was a fabrication designed to allow Zionists to seize control of the Middle East and its resources.
The website, which opens to the Pink Panther theme by Henry Mancini, reportedly wants to continue challenging the issue and show that "the killing of 6 million Jews in the Second World War known as the Holocaust was a sheer lie."
Although the site is not affiliated to the Iranian government, it was set up by an Iranian cultural organisation calling itself ‘Bulwark of Faith and Thought’.
Readers are invited to flick through the caricatures, many of which portray Jews as hooked-nosed distorters of history, by clicking on an icon of a swastika.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!