Israeli slam Iranian website calling Holocaust ‘sheer lie’
London: An Iranian website featuring a series of cartoons portraying the Holocaust as ‘the great lie’ with an aim to undermine the historic dimensions of the mass murder of Jews during World War II, has caused outrage in Israel.
The Director of Israel`s state holocaust memorial, Yad Vashem, condemned the website as the latest "vulgar and cynical" Iranian attempt "to influence those who are ignorant of history".
According to The Telegraph, the site has claimed that the massacre of six million Jews during the Second World War was a fabrication designed to allow Zionists to seize control of the Middle East and its resources.
The website, which opens to the Pink Panther theme by Henry Mancini, reportedly wants to continue challenging the issue and show that "the killing of 6 million Jews in the Second World War known as the Holocaust was a sheer lie."
Although the site is not affiliated to the Iranian government, it was set up by an Iranian cultural organisation calling itself ‘Bulwark of Faith and Thought’.
Readers are invited to flick through the caricatures, many of which portray Jews as hooked-nosed distorters of history, by clicking on an icon of a swastika.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?