Israeli soldier killed by shell fired near Gaza school: Army
Jerusalem: An Israeli soldier was killed Friday by fire from a building near UN school in the Gaza Strip, the army said, bringing the number of military deaths to 35 since July 8.
"Militants fired mortars and anti-tank missiles from a structure near an UNRWA school in the central Gaza Strip," killing one Israeli soldier and wounding several others, the army said in a statement.
The dead soldier was named as Staff Sergeant Guy Levy, 21, from Kfar Vradim, who served in the armoured corps.
During the day, 14 soldiers were slightly injured, the army said.
The death comes a day after another attack on a UN school in Beit Hanun, in the northern Gaza Strip.
The school was being used as a shelter for Palestinian civilians fleeing the Israeli bombardment, and left 15 dead after an Israeli shell crashed into the middle of the courtyard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users