Israeli soldier killed by shell fired near Gaza school: Army
Jerusalem: An Israeli soldier was killed Friday by fire from a building near UN school in the Gaza Strip, the army said, bringing the number of military deaths to 35 since July 8.
"Militants fired mortars and anti-tank missiles from a structure near an UNRWA school in the central Gaza Strip," killing one Israeli soldier and wounding several others, the army said in a statement.
The dead soldier was named as Staff Sergeant Guy Levy, 21, from Kfar Vradim, who served in the armoured corps.
During the day, 14 soldiers were slightly injured, the army said.
The death comes a day after another attack on a UN school in Beit Hanun, in the northern Gaza Strip.
The school was being used as a shelter for Palestinian civilians fleeing the Israeli bombardment, and left 15 dead after an Israeli shell crashed into the middle of the courtyard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn, Sooraj Pancholi to get action training in Germany for Remo's film
- KRK tries to mock Abhishek Bachchan, gets trolled instead! – Details inside
- Shiv Sena asks Muslims brothers to join fight against ISIS
- US lifts arms decade-long arms embargo on Vietnam, announces Barack Obama
- Kesha gets standing ovation after Billboard Awards performance