Israeli soldier killed by shell fired near Gaza school: Army
Jerusalem: An Israeli soldier was killed Friday by fire from a building near UN school in the Gaza Strip, the army said, bringing the number of military deaths to 35 since July 8.
"Militants fired mortars and anti-tank missiles from a structure near an UNRWA school in the central Gaza Strip," killing one Israeli soldier and wounding several others, the army said in a statement.
The dead soldier was named as Staff Sergeant Guy Levy, 21, from Kfar Vradim, who served in the armoured corps.
During the day, 14 soldiers were slightly injured, the army said.
The death comes a day after another attack on a UN school in Beit Hanun, in the northern Gaza Strip.
The school was being used as a shelter for Palestinian civilians fleeing the Israeli bombardment, and left 15 dead after an Israeli shell crashed into the middle of the courtyard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'