Israeli soldier killed by shell fired near Gaza school: Army
Jerusalem: An Israeli soldier was killed Friday by fire from a building near UN school in the Gaza Strip, the army said, bringing the number of military deaths to 35 since July 8.
"Militants fired mortars and anti-tank missiles from a structure near an UNRWA school in the central Gaza Strip," killing one Israeli soldier and wounding several others, the army said in a statement.
The dead soldier was named as Staff Sergeant Guy Levy, 21, from Kfar Vradim, who served in the armoured corps.
During the day, 14 soldiers were slightly injured, the army said.
The death comes a day after another attack on a UN school in Beit Hanun, in the northern Gaza Strip.
The school was being used as a shelter for Palestinian civilians fleeing the Israeli bombardment, and left 15 dead after an Israeli shell crashed into the middle of the courtyard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok