Israeli soldiers kill 2 in West Bank: Palestinians
Ramallah (Palestinian Territories): Two
Palestinians were shot dead overnight by Israeli soldiers in
the Qalandia refugee camp in the West Bank, Palestinian medics
and security officials said on Tuesday.
Moatassem Adwan, 22, and 23-year-old Ali Khalifa, were
killed by soldiers as they carried out arrests in the camp on
the road from Ramallah to Jerusalem.
An official from the Fatah movement told AFP that
Israeli troops entered the camp at around 3:30 am (0030 GMT)
and arrested one youth before clashes broke out, with young
men throwing stones at soldiers.
The soldiers then opened fire on the stone-throwers,
killing two, the official said on condition of anonymity.
Palestinian intelligence sources said the two "were
taken to the Ramallah hospital at dawn. One of them was shot
in the head and was martyred immediately. The second was
martyred shortly afterwards."
An Israeli military spokeswoman confirmed clashes
between Palestinians and Israeli troops carrying out an arrest
operation in Qalandia refugee camp.
She said five soldiers were injured in the
confrontations but could not confirm that any Palestinians had
been killed in the incident.
Hours after the deaths, thousands of mourners packed
into Qalandia for the funerals of the two men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray