Israeli soldiers kill Palestinian activist
Gaza: The Israeli soldiers stationed on the border with northern Gaza Strip on Friday shot dead a Palestinian activist, Israeli and Palestinian sources said.
Israeli Radio quoted an Army spokesman as saying that the soldiers fired on the Palestinian activist when he tried to cross the border and plant a roadside bomb at the fence.
Meanwhile, Ashraf al-Qedra, a spokesman of the Hamas-run Ministry of Health in Gaza told Xinhua that the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) was informed by Israel of the activist`s death and the location of his body.
"The ministry coordinated with the Red Cross, which coordinated with the Israeli side to allow a Palestinian ambulance to reach the area and take the body," said al-Qedra.
Israel established a 300-meter no-go zone along the border between the Gaza Strip and the Jewish country. Israeli soldiers will fire immediately at anybody who tries to breach the zone.
Violence between Israel and the Palestinians in Gaza has been mounting since Wednesday, when a Hamas militant got killed and five others wounded in two Israeli airstrikes on a Hamas training base in southeast Gaza city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days