Israeli soldiers kill Palestinian activist
Gaza: The Israeli soldiers stationed on the border with northern Gaza Strip on Friday shot dead a Palestinian activist, Israeli and Palestinian sources said.
Israeli Radio quoted an Army spokesman as saying that the soldiers fired on the Palestinian activist when he tried to cross the border and plant a roadside bomb at the fence.
Meanwhile, Ashraf al-Qedra, a spokesman of the Hamas-run Ministry of Health in Gaza told Xinhua that the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) was informed by Israel of the activist`s death and the location of his body.
"The ministry coordinated with the Red Cross, which coordinated with the Israeli side to allow a Palestinian ambulance to reach the area and take the body," said al-Qedra.
Israel established a 300-meter no-go zone along the border between the Gaza Strip and the Jewish country. Israeli soldiers will fire immediately at anybody who tries to breach the zone.
Violence between Israel and the Palestinians in Gaza has been mounting since Wednesday, when a Hamas militant got killed and five others wounded in two Israeli airstrikes on a Hamas training base in southeast Gaza city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi