Israeli soldiers kill Palestinian activist
Gaza: The Israeli soldiers stationed on the border with northern Gaza Strip on Friday shot dead a Palestinian activist, Israeli and Palestinian sources said.
Israeli Radio quoted an Army spokesman as saying that the soldiers fired on the Palestinian activist when he tried to cross the border and plant a roadside bomb at the fence.
Meanwhile, Ashraf al-Qedra, a spokesman of the Hamas-run Ministry of Health in Gaza told Xinhua that the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) was informed by Israel of the activist`s death and the location of his body.
"The ministry coordinated with the Red Cross, which coordinated with the Israeli side to allow a Palestinian ambulance to reach the area and take the body," said al-Qedra.
Israel established a 300-meter no-go zone along the border between the Gaza Strip and the Jewish country. Israeli soldiers will fire immediately at anybody who tries to breach the zone.
Violence between Israel and the Palestinians in Gaza has been mounting since Wednesday, when a Hamas militant got killed and five others wounded in two Israeli airstrikes on a Hamas training base in southeast Gaza city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"