Israeli soldiers kill Palestinian activist
Gaza: The Israeli soldiers stationed on the border with northern Gaza Strip on Friday shot dead a Palestinian activist, Israeli and Palestinian sources said.
Israeli Radio quoted an Army spokesman as saying that the soldiers fired on the Palestinian activist when he tried to cross the border and plant a roadside bomb at the fence.
Meanwhile, Ashraf al-Qedra, a spokesman of the Hamas-run Ministry of Health in Gaza told Xinhua that the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) was informed by Israel of the activist`s death and the location of his body.
"The ministry coordinated with the Red Cross, which coordinated with the Israeli side to allow a Palestinian ambulance to reach the area and take the body," said al-Qedra.
Israel established a 300-meter no-go zone along the border between the Gaza Strip and the Jewish country. Israeli soldiers will fire immediately at anybody who tries to breach the zone.
Violence between Israel and the Palestinians in Gaza has been mounting since Wednesday, when a Hamas militant got killed and five others wounded in two Israeli airstrikes on a Hamas training base in southeast Gaza city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday