Israeli soldiers kill Palestinian activist
Gaza: The Israeli soldiers stationed on the border with northern Gaza Strip on Friday shot dead a Palestinian activist, Israeli and Palestinian sources said.
Israeli Radio quoted an Army spokesman as saying that the soldiers fired on the Palestinian activist when he tried to cross the border and plant a roadside bomb at the fence.
Meanwhile, Ashraf al-Qedra, a spokesman of the Hamas-run Ministry of Health in Gaza told Xinhua that the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) was informed by Israel of the activist`s death and the location of his body.
"The ministry coordinated with the Red Cross, which coordinated with the Israeli side to allow a Palestinian ambulance to reach the area and take the body," said al-Qedra.
Israel established a 300-meter no-go zone along the border between the Gaza Strip and the Jewish country. Israeli soldiers will fire immediately at anybody who tries to breach the zone.
Violence between Israel and the Palestinians in Gaza has been mounting since Wednesday, when a Hamas militant got killed and five others wounded in two Israeli airstrikes on a Hamas training base in southeast Gaza city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users