Israeli soldiers kill Palestinian civilian in Gaza: Medics
Gaza City: A Palestinian man has been shot dead by Israeli soldiers in the northern Gaza Strip, Palestinian medical sources have said.
The victim, 36-year-old Houshabe Abou Houshabe, was a civilian. He was killed by Israeli gunfire yesterday evening, according to the sources.
His body was transported to a nearby hospital in Beit Hanun, they said.
Earlier yesterday, an Israeli army spokeswoman said Israeli soldiers had shot and "hit" two Palestinians in the same area as they tried to cut through the security fence separating Israel from the Gaza Strip.
But it was not immediately clear if the Palestinians were wounded or killed in the shooting in the Beit Hanun area of the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip, the Israeli official added.
On August 11, Israeli troops also shot dead a Palestinian on the border with Gaza, claiming he had been seen behaving suspiciously in an area close to the border fence.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV): A new tool in the fight against polio – Watch to know more about it!
- Planning a trip to USA? Check out top 5 attractions for a family holiday this summer!
- One killed in Sydney mall shooting
- Eva Mendes' brother Carlos loses cancer battle
- Swamy challenges expunging of comments in RS