Israeli stabbed, 3 Palestinians shot in West Bank
Ramallah: An Israeli soldier was stabbed and three Palestinians were shot
during a confrontation near the West Bank town of Ramallah, sources on both sides said.
The soldier was lightly wounded in the overnight incident
but the condition of the three Palestinians was not
immediately clear, the Israeli army said.
Palestinian witnesses and security sources said the three
men, Rashad Deeb and his brothers Akram and Anwar, were
injured during an incident in Rammun village, 10 kilometres
northeast of Ramallah.
They said the men had heard someone moving around during
the night and had gone out to confront a group they believed
But the "thieves" turned out to be Israeli soldiers
working undercover, who were dressed to look like Palestinians and opened fire after one of the Palestinians attacked them with a knife, they said.
"The Israeli army shot at my husband and his brothers
Akram and Anwar," the wife of Rashad Deeb said.
"I saw my husband was hurt but I don`t know if Akram and
Anwar were hurt too. The army took the three of them," she
The army confirmed the incident but did not say whether
or not the soldiers were working undercover.
"Soldiers were carrying out a routine operation near
Ramallah, when one of them was attacked and wounded by a
Palestinian wielding a knife," a spokeswoman said.
"His comrades responded by opening fire, wounding three
Palestinians," she adding, saying all of them had been taken
to hospitals in Israel.
"The circumstances of the whole incident are being
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Did Sanal Sasidharan actually try to humiliate PV Sindhu with 'spit' remark? Here's the truth..
- JNU rape case: Victim's statement could not be recorded
- Rupee rebounds from 1-month low; closes up 13 paise against USD
- Kerala CM lauds Kamal Haasan for Chevalier Award
- Maharashtra trying to enact special powers law: Congress