‘Israeli strike kills 42 Syrian soldiers’
Beirut: A Syrian activist group says Israel`s weekend airstrike on a sprawling military complex near the Syrian capital Damascus has killed at least 42 Syrian soldiers.
The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said today that the toll is based on information from sources in Syrian military hospitals.
The Syrian government has not released a death toll. Immediately after yesterday`s predawn strike, Syrian state media said the attack caused casualties, but did not elaborate.
So far, Israel has carried out three airstrikes in Syria this year, according to Israeli and US officials, though Israel`s government has not formally confirmed involvement.
The officials say the attacks were meant to prevent advanced Iranian weapons from reaching Lebanon`s Hezbollah militia, a Syria ally and Israel foe.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living