Israeli strike kills Gaza militant: Palestinians
Jerusalem: Israel`s military says it has fired on two Gaza members of an Al Qaeda inspired group identified as having been involved in rocket attacks and an infiltration from Egypt. Palestinians say one man was killed.
The military said they were involved in "extensive terrorist activity," including an attack in June where two gunmen crossed into Israel from the Sinai desert and killed a civilian.
Israel did not say whether it hit the two. Ashraf al-Kidra, a Palestinian health official in Gaza, said one man was killed and another injured today when their motorcycle was hit by aircraft in the south of the Hamas controlled territory.
Israel and Hamas have mostly kept an unwritten truce since a short war over three years ago. Attacks have persisted but at a much lower rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video