Israeli strike kills Gaza militant: Palestinians
Jerusalem: Israel`s military says it has fired on two Gaza members of an Al Qaeda inspired group identified as having been involved in rocket attacks and an infiltration from Egypt. Palestinians say one man was killed.
The military said they were involved in "extensive terrorist activity," including an attack in June where two gunmen crossed into Israel from the Sinai desert and killed a civilian.
Israel did not say whether it hit the two. Ashraf al-Kidra, a Palestinian health official in Gaza, said one man was killed and another injured today when their motorcycle was hit by aircraft in the south of the Hamas controlled territory.
Israel and Hamas have mostly kept an unwritten truce since a short war over three years ago. Attacks have persisted but at a much lower rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube