Israeli strike kills Gaza militant: Palestinians
Jerusalem: Israel`s military says it has fired on two Gaza members of an Al Qaeda inspired group identified as having been involved in rocket attacks and an infiltration from Egypt. Palestinians say one man was killed.
The military said they were involved in "extensive terrorist activity," including an attack in June where two gunmen crossed into Israel from the Sinai desert and killed a civilian.
Israel did not say whether it hit the two. Ashraf al-Kidra, a Palestinian health official in Gaza, said one man was killed and another injured today when their motorcycle was hit by aircraft in the south of the Hamas controlled territory.
Israel and Hamas have mostly kept an unwritten truce since a short war over three years ago. Attacks have persisted but at a much lower rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended