Israeli strike kills Gaza militant: Palestinians
Jerusalem: Israel`s military says it has fired on two Gaza members of an Al Qaeda inspired group identified as having been involved in rocket attacks and an infiltration from Egypt. Palestinians say one man was killed.
The military said they were involved in "extensive terrorist activity," including an attack in June where two gunmen crossed into Israel from the Sinai desert and killed a civilian.
Israel did not say whether it hit the two. Ashraf al-Kidra, a Palestinian health official in Gaza, said one man was killed and another injured today when their motorcycle was hit by aircraft in the south of the Hamas controlled territory.
Israel and Hamas have mostly kept an unwritten truce since a short war over three years ago. Attacks have persisted but at a much lower rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore