Israeli strike wounds two Palestinian militants in Gaza
Gaza City: An Israeli air strike wounded two Palestinian militants in the southern Gaza Strip today, medical and security sources said.
"Two Palestinians were hit and injured by an Israeli drone while they were riding on a motorbike east of Khan Yunis," Gaza`s Hamas-run health ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra told AFP.
Palestinian security sources described the two as "militants", without saying to which group they belonged.
The Israeli army confirmed the strike in a statement, saying it had "intercepted terrorists during their final preparations to launch rockets towards Israel".
The strike came after three mortar rounds were fired at Israeli troops along the southern border fence, causing no injuries or damage, it said.
Yesterday, an Islamic Jihad militant was killed near Gaza City in what medics and family said was an Israeli drone strike, but the army denied any involvement.
In recent weeks, tensions have risen in and around Gaza after a year of relative calm, with five people killed since December 20. Four of the victims were Palestinian and one was Israeli.
More than a dozen Palestinians have also been wounded over the same period by gunfire or in Israeli air raids on targets in the territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Controversial 'godman' Baba Parmanand arrested for sexual exploitation of women
- Really? Shahid Kapoor got 'high' on coffee for 'Udta Punjab'
- Shocking! When an Indigo flight nearly landed on a road in Jaipur
- NEET: Now, World Psychiatric Association opposes National Eligibility and Entrance Test in regional languages - Know why
- Hundreds of Noida homebuyers left in the lurch as Supertech expressway project scrapped