Israeli teens bodies found in West Bank, Benjamin Netanyahu says `Hamas will pay`

The Israeli government is mulling airstrikes against Hamas after bodies of the three Israeli teens who were abducted earlier this month were found in a pit near Halhul town in West Bank on Monday.

Last Updated: Jul 01, 2014, 12:40 PM IST

Zee Media Bureau

Hebron: The Israeli government is mulling airstrikes against Hamas after bodies of the three Israeli teens who were abducted earlier this month were found in a pit near Halhul town in West Bank on Monday.

The bodies of Naftali Frenkel, Gilad Shaar and Eyal Yifrach were recovered during the search operation near the city of Hebron at a distance of 10 minutes from the spot where they were last seen before they went missing.

They were found buried under the dirt road and appeared to have been shot dead.
While the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu held Hamas responsible behind the incident, the militant group has denied the allegations.

Netanyahu called an emergency Cabinet meeting after the incident and said that the three were "kidnapped and murdered in cold blood by animals" and that “Hamas will pay," the BBC reported.
The Palestinian government has called a meeting on Tuesday to discuss the developments.

The three teens aged between 16 and 19 years went missing over two weeks ago while they were hitchhiking on June 12.