Israeli troops kill 2 Palestinians on Gaza border
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says troops have killed two unarmed Palestinians trying to cross into Israel from Gaza.
The military says troops spotted the men near the security fence that separates Gaza from Israel, then shot and killed them. Fearful of militant attacks, the military says it does not fire warning shots when Palestinians are trying to cross from Hamas-ruled Gaza.
Some Palestinians try to cross into Israel in search of work.
The military says during searches after Saturday`s shooting, an Israeli soldier was moderately wounded.
It said it was investigating whether he was shot by militants or accidentally by Israeli troops.
Violence along the border has increased in recent days. That has included mortar and rocket fire from Gaza at southern Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed