Israeli troops kill 2 Palestinians on Gaza border
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says troops have killed two unarmed Palestinians trying to cross into Israel from Gaza.
The military says troops spotted the men near the security fence that separates Gaza from Israel, then shot and killed them. Fearful of militant attacks, the military says it does not fire warning shots when Palestinians are trying to cross from Hamas-ruled Gaza.
Some Palestinians try to cross into Israel in search of work.
The military says during searches after Saturday`s shooting, an Israeli soldier was moderately wounded.
It said it was investigating whether he was shot by militants or accidentally by Israeli troops.
Violence along the border has increased in recent days. That has included mortar and rocket fire from Gaza at southern Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi