Israeli troops kill 2 Palestinians on Gaza border
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says troops have killed two unarmed Palestinians trying to cross into Israel from Gaza.
The military says troops spotted the men near the security fence that separates Gaza from Israel, then shot and killed them. Fearful of militant attacks, the military says it does not fire warning shots when Palestinians are trying to cross from Hamas-ruled Gaza.
Some Palestinians try to cross into Israel in search of work.
The military says during searches after Saturday`s shooting, an Israeli soldier was moderately wounded.
It said it was investigating whether he was shot by militants or accidentally by Israeli troops.
Violence along the border has increased in recent days. That has included mortar and rocket fire from Gaza at southern Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick