Israeli troops kill Palestinian teen in WBank: Medics
Ramallah: Israeli troops shot dead a 15-year-old Palestinian during Saturday`s clash in Jelazoun refugee camp, near the West Bank city of Ramallah.
He named the youth as Wajih al-Ramhi and said that he was dead on arrival at Ramallah, from a single gunshot, a Palestinian medical source told AFP.
Israeli news website Ynet said that he was hit in the back.
The Israeli military could not immediately confirm or deny the reports.
The camp is close to the Israeli settlement of Beit El and is the scene of frequent clashes between young Palestinian stone-throwers and soldiers.
Today`s death brought to 26 the number of Palestinians killed by Israeli forces since the beginning of this year, the great majority in the West Bank, according to an AFP tally.
Israeli Foreign Minister Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman has said Israeli-Palestinian peace talks are unlikely to bear fruit within the envisioned nine-month timeframe, but that dialogue should continue in order to contain the long-running conflict.
"I don`t believe it is possible in the next year... To achieve a comprehensive solution to achieve some breakthrough but I think it is crucial to keep our dialogue," he said yesterday in Washington after US Secretary of State John Kerry said peace was closer than it had been in years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Tripura Civil Service officer rapes woman in Agartala, now absconding
- Summer health tips: How to stay energetic throughout the day!
- China reacts to PM Modi, says wants 'mutually acceptable solution to issues with India'
- Ravi Shastri accuses Sourav Ganguly of being disrespectful during the interview process
- China: 131 admitted to hospital after leak at chemical factory