Israeli troops kill Palestinian teen in WBank: Medics
Ramallah: Israeli troops shot dead a 15-year-old Palestinian during Saturday`s clash in Jelazoun refugee camp, near the West Bank city of Ramallah.
He named the youth as Wajih al-Ramhi and said that he was dead on arrival at Ramallah, from a single gunshot, a Palestinian medical source told AFP.
Israeli news website Ynet said that he was hit in the back.
The Israeli military could not immediately confirm or deny the reports.
The camp is close to the Israeli settlement of Beit El and is the scene of frequent clashes between young Palestinian stone-throwers and soldiers.
Today`s death brought to 26 the number of Palestinians killed by Israeli forces since the beginning of this year, the great majority in the West Bank, according to an AFP tally.
Israeli Foreign Minister Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman has said Israeli-Palestinian peace talks are unlikely to bear fruit within the envisioned nine-month timeframe, but that dialogue should continue in order to contain the long-running conflict.
"I don`t believe it is possible in the next year... To achieve a comprehensive solution to achieve some breakthrough but I think it is crucial to keep our dialogue," he said yesterday in Washington after US Secretary of State John Kerry said peace was closer than it had been in years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP emerges as big winner in Mumbai, sweeps Pune, Amravati, Nagpur, Nashik
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up