Israeli troops kill two Palestinians in West Bank
Ramallah: Israeli soldiers shot and killed two Palestinians in the occupied West Bank on Monday, medical officials and the military said.
An Israeli military spokeswoman said rioting broke out in Qalandiya, a refugee camp near Ramallah, during "a routine operation to arrest Palestinian suspects”. She added that five soldiers were lightly injured.
Palestinian medical officials said two men, 23 and 25, were shot in the head and in the stomach. The Israeli military spokeswoman said the Army was investigating the incident.
Peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians broke down last year over Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu`s refusal to impose new curbs on settlement building in the West Bank, part of the territories where the Palestinians aim to found a state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users