Israeli troops kill two Palestinians in West Bank
Ramallah: Israeli soldiers shot and killed two Palestinians in the occupied West Bank on Monday, medical officials and the military said.
An Israeli military spokeswoman said rioting broke out in Qalandiya, a refugee camp near Ramallah, during "a routine operation to arrest Palestinian suspects”. She added that five soldiers were lightly injured.
Palestinian medical officials said two men, 23 and 25, were shot in the head and in the stomach. The Israeli military spokeswoman said the Army was investigating the incident.
Peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians broke down last year over Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu`s refusal to impose new curbs on settlement building in the West Bank, part of the territories where the Palestinians aim to found a state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31