Israeli troops kill two Palestinians in West Bank
Ramallah: Israeli soldiers shot and killed two Palestinians in the occupied West Bank on Monday, medical officials and the military said.
An Israeli military spokeswoman said rioting broke out in Qalandiya, a refugee camp near Ramallah, during "a routine operation to arrest Palestinian suspects”. She added that five soldiers were lightly injured.
Palestinian medical officials said two men, 23 and 25, were shot in the head and in the stomach. The Israeli military spokeswoman said the Army was investigating the incident.
Peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians broke down last year over Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu`s refusal to impose new curbs on settlement building in the West Bank, part of the territories where the Palestinians aim to found a state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why