Israeli troops kill two Palestinians in West Bank
Ramallah: Israeli soldiers shot and killed two Palestinians in the occupied West Bank on Monday, medical officials and the military said.
An Israeli military spokeswoman said rioting broke out in Qalandiya, a refugee camp near Ramallah, during "a routine operation to arrest Palestinian suspects”. She added that five soldiers were lightly injured.
Palestinian medical officials said two men, 23 and 25, were shot in the head and in the stomach. The Israeli military spokeswoman said the Army was investigating the incident.
Peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians broke down last year over Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu`s refusal to impose new curbs on settlement building in the West Bank, part of the territories where the Palestinians aim to found a state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth