Israeli war jets hit Gaza targets
Gaza: Israeli war jets struck two targets in southern Gaza Strip on Saturday night in response to an earlier homemade projectile fired from Gaza at southern Israel.
No injuries were reported, witnesses and medics said.
The witnesses said that F16 war jets hovered over the southern Gaza Strip area and carried out two successive airstrikes. Air-to-ground rockets were fired and caused two huge explosions.
The first airstrike targeted an empty olive farm east of the city of Khan Younis and the second targeted a smuggling tunnel under the borderline between Egypt and the salient, ruled by Islamic Hamas movement.
Medics at southern Gaza hospitals said that ambulances and rescue crews rushed to the theatre of the airstrikes, no injuries were reported.
The two Israeli airstrikes were carried out several hours after unknown militants fired earlier Saturday a homemade rocket from Gaza at southern Israel. No one claimed responsibility for the attack.
Israeli Radio quoted Israeli Army sources as saying that the rocket landed on an empty area in southern Israel causing no damages or injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi