Israeli war jets kill 5 militants in Gaza strike
Gaza: Five Palestinian militants were killed on Saturday night after Israeli planes targeted them in an open area in the central Gaza Strip, Israeli and Palestinian sources said.
An Israeli Army spokesman told Israeli Radio that "the air force attacked a Gaza-based cell of gunmen on Saturday, made up of five armed Palestinians who were suspected of attempting to launch rockets into Israeli territory."
Palestinian paramedics and witnesses described a sudden explosion and confirmed the death of five Palestinian militants.
The witnesses said that the explosion was heard south of the central Gaza Strip town of Deir el-Balah, adding that ambulances rushed to the place where the explosion took place and evacuated five bodies to a nearby hospital.
The security forces of the ruling Islamic Hamas movement in the coastal enclave began an immediate investigation into causes of the blast.
The militants` identities were not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him