Israeli war jets kill 5 militants in Gaza strike
Gaza: Five Palestinian militants were killed on Saturday night after Israeli planes targeted them in an open area in the central Gaza Strip, Israeli and Palestinian sources said.
An Israeli Army spokesman told Israeli Radio that "the air force attacked a Gaza-based cell of gunmen on Saturday, made up of five armed Palestinians who were suspected of attempting to launch rockets into Israeli territory."
Palestinian paramedics and witnesses described a sudden explosion and confirmed the death of five Palestinian militants.
The witnesses said that the explosion was heard south of the central Gaza Strip town of Deir el-Balah, adding that ambulances rushed to the place where the explosion took place and evacuated five bodies to a nearby hospital.
The security forces of the ruling Islamic Hamas movement in the coastal enclave began an immediate investigation into causes of the blast.
The militants` identities were not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed