Israeli war jets kill 5 militants in Gaza strike
Gaza: Five Palestinian militants were killed on Saturday night after Israeli planes targeted them in an open area in the central Gaza Strip, Israeli and Palestinian sources said.
An Israeli Army spokesman told Israeli Radio that "the air force attacked a Gaza-based cell of gunmen on Saturday, made up of five armed Palestinians who were suspected of attempting to launch rockets into Israeli territory."
Palestinian paramedics and witnesses described a sudden explosion and confirmed the death of five Palestinian militants.
The witnesses said that the explosion was heard south of the central Gaza Strip town of Deir el-Balah, adding that ambulances rushed to the place where the explosion took place and evacuated five bodies to a nearby hospital.
The security forces of the ruling Islamic Hamas movement in the coastal enclave began an immediate investigation into causes of the blast.
The militants` identities were not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims