Israeli war jets kill 5 militants in Gaza strike
Gaza: Five Palestinian militants were killed on Saturday night after Israeli planes targeted them in an open area in the central Gaza Strip, Israeli and Palestinian sources said.
An Israeli Army spokesman told Israeli Radio that "the air force attacked a Gaza-based cell of gunmen on Saturday, made up of five armed Palestinians who were suspected of attempting to launch rockets into Israeli territory."
Palestinian paramedics and witnesses described a sudden explosion and confirmed the death of five Palestinian militants.
The witnesses said that the explosion was heard south of the central Gaza Strip town of Deir el-Balah, adding that ambulances rushed to the place where the explosion took place and evacuated five bodies to a nearby hospital.
The security forces of the ruling Islamic Hamas movement in the coastal enclave began an immediate investigation into causes of the blast.
The militants` identities were not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption