Israeli warplanes hit Gaza: Palestinians
Gaza City: Israeli warplanes attacked two targets in the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip without causing any casualties, Palestinian security sources has said.
The targets were a tunnel linking Gaza with Egypt near the town of Rafah and a training facility for Hamas`s armed wing, the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades, the sources said yesterday.
The Israeli army confirmed the two air attacks against "centers of terrorist activities," an army spokesman said in a statement.
The raids came after a rocket fired from Gaza earlier yesterday struck southern Israel, damaging some greenhouses but causing no injuries.
Dozens of rockets fired from Gaza have hit southern Israel in the past few months, causing injuries in some cases, and limited damage.
In response, Israel has launched a series of retaliatory air raids across Gaza and warned that it reserves the right to respond more forcefully if the rocket attacks continue.
In December 2008, Israel launched the devastating "Operation Cast Lead" offensive in response to rocket fire. The war, which ended in a ceasefire on January 18, 2009, killed 1,400 Palestinians, mostly civilians, and 13 Israelis, 10 of them soldiers.
Since then, attacks have dropped significantly, although 230 rockets and mortar rounds were fired on Israel last year, according to army figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?