Israeli warplanes hit Gaza: Palestinians
Gaza City: Israeli warplanes attacked two targets in the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip without causing any casualties, Palestinian security sources has said.
The targets were a tunnel linking Gaza with Egypt near the town of Rafah and a training facility for Hamas`s armed wing, the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades, the sources said yesterday.
The Israeli army confirmed the two air attacks against "centers of terrorist activities," an army spokesman said in a statement.
The raids came after a rocket fired from Gaza earlier yesterday struck southern Israel, damaging some greenhouses but causing no injuries.
Dozens of rockets fired from Gaza have hit southern Israel in the past few months, causing injuries in some cases, and limited damage.
In response, Israel has launched a series of retaliatory air raids across Gaza and warned that it reserves the right to respond more forcefully if the rocket attacks continue.
In December 2008, Israel launched the devastating "Operation Cast Lead" offensive in response to rocket fire. The war, which ended in a ceasefire on January 18, 2009, killed 1,400 Palestinians, mostly civilians, and 13 Israelis, 10 of them soldiers.
Since then, attacks have dropped significantly, although 230 rockets and mortar rounds were fired on Israel last year, according to army figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!