Israeli warplanes hit Gaza: Palestinians
Gaza City: Israeli warplanes attacked two targets in the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip without causing any casualties, Palestinian security sources has said.
The targets were a tunnel linking Gaza with Egypt near the town of Rafah and a training facility for Hamas`s armed wing, the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades, the sources said yesterday.
The Israeli army confirmed the two air attacks against "centers of terrorist activities," an army spokesman said in a statement.
The raids came after a rocket fired from Gaza earlier yesterday struck southern Israel, damaging some greenhouses but causing no injuries.
Dozens of rockets fired from Gaza have hit southern Israel in the past few months, causing injuries in some cases, and limited damage.
In response, Israel has launched a series of retaliatory air raids across Gaza and warned that it reserves the right to respond more forcefully if the rocket attacks continue.
In December 2008, Israel launched the devastating "Operation Cast Lead" offensive in response to rocket fire. The war, which ended in a ceasefire on January 18, 2009, killed 1,400 Palestinians, mostly civilians, and 13 Israelis, 10 of them soldiers.
Since then, attacks have dropped significantly, although 230 rockets and mortar rounds were fired on Israel last year, according to army figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE