Israel`s Defemce Minister in hot water over illegal maid
Jerusalem: Israel`s Defence Minister Ehud Barak found himself in hot water amid revelations that the former premier had hired a Filipina maid without a work permit.
Barak and his wife Nili had for several months employed a
Filipina cleaner who did not have a work permit and did not
undergo the required security checks by the Shin Bet domestic
security agency, public radio reported.
In a statement, Barak`s office said that the woman was
"an occasional employee who used to, but no longer, works at
the minister`s home."
Several months ago, the state comptroller criticised the
Labour leader for spending an exorbitant amount of money on
suites in a luxury hotel in Paris during the Defence
Ministry`s delegation visit to an international air show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof