Israel`s Defemce Minister in hot water over illegal maid
Jerusalem: Israel`s Defence Minister Ehud Barak found himself in hot water amid revelations that the former premier had hired a Filipina maid without a work permit.
Barak and his wife Nili had for several months employed a
Filipina cleaner who did not have a work permit and did not
undergo the required security checks by the Shin Bet domestic
security agency, public radio reported.
In a statement, Barak`s office said that the woman was
"an occasional employee who used to, but no longer, works at
the minister`s home."
Several months ago, the state comptroller criticised the
Labour leader for spending an exorbitant amount of money on
suites in a luxury hotel in Paris during the Defence
Ministry`s delegation visit to an international air show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan