Israel`s Foreign Minister says ball in Palestinian court
Jerusalem: Israel`s Foreign Minister says it is now up to the Palestinians to decide whether peace negotiations resume.
Avigdor Lieberman told Israel`s Army Radio on Thursday that the "ball is in the Palestinian court”.
His comments came a day after Israel announced a 10-month halt in West Bank settlement construction. The Palestinians rejected the freeze because it did not include east Jerusalem.
The US has been urging the sides to resume peace talks and said the Israeli move could help them do so.
The Palestinians have refused as long as construction continues.
"What we could have contributed, we did," Lieberman said. "The Palestinians will make their considerations based on internal considerations that don`t need to concern us."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir