Israel`s former FM Livni returns to politics: Aide
Jerusalem: An aide to Israel`s former Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni says she is returning to politics and will be heading a new party.
Merav Parsi-Zadok, in charge of communications for the campaign, made the announcement today, just hours before an official launch of the new party.
Parsi-Zadok says the party`s name is "The Movement."
Livni served as foreign minister from 2006 until 2009. She was also chief peace negotiator with the Palestinians at the time.
She became the head of Israel`s largest opposition party, Kadima, in 2009, but lost her bid this year to remain party leader.
Newsweek named Livni in 2011 as one of world`s 150 most influential women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note